Wednesday, November 16, 2016

VOCABULARY "A Sound of Thunder"

1) phlegm- a yellowish liquid that comes out from the nose when someone is sick
sentence: For me phlegm is nasty because it is something yellowish that comes out of your nose.
2) anti-intellectual- a person opposed to or hostile towards intellectuals and the modern academic, artistic, social, religious, and other theories associated with them
sentence: There are so many people that are anti-intellectual people that don't agree with anything.
3) intercoms- an intercommunication system
sentence: I think walky takies can be used as intercoms communication things.
4) tar- any of various dark-colored viscid products obtained by the destructive distillation of certain organic substances, as a coal or wood
sentence: Sometimes tar is used to fix wood or other things.
5) annihilate-to reduce to utter ruin or nonexistence; destroy utterly
sentence: I don't want to annihilate anything.
6) infinitesimally- indefinitely or exceedingly small; minute
sentence: Infinitesimally is when you indefinitely.
7) bisect- to cut or divide into two equal parts
sentence: I am going to bisect my group into two parts.
8) daggers- a small sword like weapon with a pointy edge and tip
sentence: There are so many daggers in dangerous stores.
9) undulate- to move in a walkway motion
sentence: I undulate straight when I am walking to my house.
10) glistening-to reflect or sparkle light in a faint glow
sentence: The moon is always glistering in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment