Monday, October 3, 2016

vocabulary: Fall List #3

1.venomous- an animal having a gland or glands for secreting venom; able to inflict a poisoned bite, sting, or wound
sentence: The spider int he corner is venomous.


2.stolid-not easily stirred or moved mentally; unemotional; impassive.
sentence: My sister is very stolid because you can't convince her very easily.

3.hypnotized- to influence , control, or direct completely , by personal charm, words, or domination
sentence: I have never gotten hypnotized by any doctor.

4.suspended- to hang by attached by something above
sentence: I have never gotten suspended from school and I will never get suspended.

5.transformed-to change in form, appearance, or structure; metamorphose.
sentence: My cousin got transformed because she changed the way she dressed.

6.accuse-to charge with the fault, offense, or crime (usually followed by of)
sentence: I always accuse my sister of stealing my things.

 7.anticipate-to realize beforehand; foretaste or foresee
sentence:  Anticipate is when you realize the beforehand.

8.fringe-a decorative border of thread, cord, or the like, usually hanging loosely from a raveled edge or separate strip
sentence: I always have that fringe in my backpack and it bothers me.

9.melancholy- a gloomy state of mind, especially when habitual or prolonged; depression
sentence:. My sisters mind is melancholy.

10.earnestly-serious in intention, purpose, or effort; sincerely zealous
sentence: My cousin has an earnestly attitude and is always serious.

11.dissolve-to make a solution of, as by mixing with a liquid; pass into solution
sentence:The sugar will dissolve in water.

12.aggravate-to make worse or more severe; intensify, as anything evil, disorderly, or troublesome: to aggravate a grievance
sentence: He will aggravate his sister.

13.illuminate-light up.
sentence: I wish that the light is strong that it will illuminate the whole room.

14.capillary-pertaining to or occurring in or as if in a tube of fine bore
sentence: Capillary is when something is occurring.

15.proboscis-the nose of a mammal, especially when it is long and mobile, such as the trunk of an elephant or the snout of a tapir.
sentence: The proboscis of a zebra is so big.

No comments:

Post a Comment